Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Victory Garden






Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment.
Yesterday as Benjamin and I were weeding, 3 rabbits marched into our garden like they owned the joint. When I tried to "shoo" them away, they just stared at me. "What's your problem? This is our munching ground!" Suddening visions of Mr. McGreggor's garden came to mind. I understand how those bad little rabbits lost their mittens! "And we shall have no pie. And we shall have no pie." Dern right no pie. I sent our dog "Church" after them. Fixed their pointy little ears.
Last week I replanted bush beans where I had the potatoes (Russian Banana potatoes came out the best -- others were a flop). I also planted some cool weather lettuces and more carrots. A friend of mine gave me her old windows from her antique home. After the kids go back to school, I'm going to strip the windows down and make them into cold frames. I'm hoping to follow Elliot Coleman and grow things in the winter time. We will see!


No comments: