Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sunblock Stains ... success!

Well, I found something that dramatically helped a BRAND NEW SHIRT that had gotten sunblock stains on it. It had been washed at least two times before, trying to solve the problem. It had orange splotches all over it! Sad. So, I made a solution of: Juice of 1/2 a lemon, about 1 T salt and 1 T borax. (somewhere I'd read about salt helping, and borax I use when making my own laundry soap) Well, it worked!!! There is still one small mark that I will attack again, but you will have to take my word for it ... this shirt (that I'd bought on sale at JCrew and had worn only once) was totally unwearable -- now -- VIOLA! It's great. So there you go ... a solution to combat sunblock stains that won't hurt the environment, you or your clothing! Yipee! (I still think that sunblock manufacturers should make sunblock that doesn't stain your clothing ... but that's ANOTHER subject!) Now, I must sign-off because it's actually NOT RAINING AT ALL today! Time to work on my garden (at last) and get to work on my cold frames. Be well.

No comments: