Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches

These are so easy and so yummy. Makes enough for 8-10 BBQ Sandwiches. I serve them (if I can) on Whole Wheat Buns, with bread and butter pickles, Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce (I know, gee, not homemade! EEeek!) and I personally like a little mayo too (but not for Victor, Portugal being close to the mediteranian and all -- he's anti-mayo, pro-olive oil). Enough jabbering -- here's the recipe:
Slow cooked in the oven for 3 + hours (can go over, just make sure there is enough water so I doesn't dry out)
1 lb. Stewing Beef
1 lb. Stewing Pork (you can use all pork if you prefer)
1 chopped onion
1/4 C sugar
1/3 C vinegar
1 C water
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon celery salt
Put in 9x13 pan and sprinkle with Garlic Salt and Celery Salt. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours. When done, smash with potato masher. You can drizzle with BBQ sauce, but I just use BBQ sauce on the individual sandwiches.

No comments: