Thursday, September 18, 2008

Under My Skin . . .


Several weeks ago I watched the movie La Vie En Rose about the French singer Edith Piaf. (The actress Marion Cotillard won an Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Roll in 2007) What a movie. It got ... she got ... her music got ... under my skin. A powerful personality like Freida Kahlo with an incredible story of discovery, talent, tragedy, passion and loss. A review of the movie I read stated: "It's all here – heartbreak, passion, murder, acclaim, abandonment. Although Piaf's life has its legendary side, there was apparently no need to embellish the record. If anything, Duhan had to pare down the events." I downloaded the "album" La Vie En Rose onto my ipod - and I love it. I feel like I can close my eyes and travel to a bistro in France. Like with the movie Freida, in spite of it's roller-coaster ride of emotions you find yourself dreaming about watching it again.

No comments: