Wednesday, January 30, 2008

HEAT!

We just received our heat bill. $491. Ugh. For those of you who know me ... even the slightest bit, you know that I HATE to be cold. I get chilled to the bone easily. When I'm in a chilly house my fingers are like icicles and literally my nose is cold. Both my Mother and my Grandmom Wohler (mom's side) were this way. Hopefully what "they" say is true ... WARM HEARTS! Anyway, after chatting about house temperatures with ?? I think it was at our book club gathering ?? and in light of my heat bill, I have been trying to LIVE at 66 degrees. Two years ago I made the switch from 70 degrees to 68 degrees. For me, this was a big sacrifice. Even at 68 degrees I ALWAYS have my UGGs on, a big wool sweater, and sometimes even a wool hat! It hasn't been especially cold out here ... so it hasn't been a true test. But, for the last two days, the inside of my house has been 66 degrees! In the afternoon I treat myself to a fire in the fireplace. (I usually try to snag even 15 minutes with a book in the afternoon.) I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,
Had some time to kill this evening and decided to check out your blog. You've certainly been busy posting! Just took the time to read your January entries. Very entertaining and educational. Tanya was right when she said at her First Saturday presentation that you've really taken off with Going Green. Hopefully your passion and Tanya's will rub off on the rest of us. Thanks for sharing your experiences!