Friday, April 25, 2008

Chocolate Nut Chewies

**REVISED** (forgot to list the nuts ... oops. chocolate NUT chewies??!)
This recipe posting is a request ... because these are incredible.
The recipe is from Ann Faulstich. When my brother and I went to visit one of our closest neighborhood friends Amy Lynn and "Blair-Boy", their mother Mrs. Faulstich would invariably be pulling cookies right out of the oven. How she always managed to be thin I have no idea. But this woman seemed to bake cookies on a daily basis (I'm not exaggerating). We'd march into her house and grab several and off we'd go playing. When I got married, she sent three of her favorite and most popular cookie recipes along with a specially handmade cookie jar. Here is one of the recipes. Look out, you might have several!


Chocolate Nut Chewies
(Mrs. Faulstich noted that "Everyone likes these!")

cream:
2/3 cup butter
1 box brown sugar (1 lb)

Add:
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
Then add the dry stuff:
2 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 cup pecans (or whatever your favorite nut is) and 1 cup chocolate chips
Mix until smooth. Pour into a 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Mrs. Faulstich adds that "Sometimes I put 1 cup of chocolate chips on top after I take it out of the oven, let them melt and spread - let it set until firm." That's what I did! Yum.

No comments: