Thursday, March 27, 2008

Knitting

I know, I know ... Love, Cook, Create, Knit. I really haven't had much to say about knitting. I'm currently on a reading / anti-television kick. (not very conducive to knitting) A woman once told me when I was brand new to the whole knitting thing that I would eventually be able to knit and read at the same time. It sounds like a dream come true to me (as I love to accomplish great things - two at once, even better!) however, I still can't imagine it. It seems like mistakes waiting to happen. Anyway, if you enjoy knitting you have GOT to check out this website if you haven't already ... RAVELRY . It's so clever, and so fabulous. In order to use this online knitting community website, you have to sign-up. Because of the demand, in a few days they send you an "invitation" in your email box. But, just to give you an example, you can look up a certain pattern in a certain book and see other knitters efforts at making this project. They show pictures, list the yarn they used and explain any changes they made to the pattern or trouble they ran into. What a brilliant idea. Really, if you like to knit. Check it out. Enjoy.

No comments: