Thursday, March 20, 2008

Save Trees


Ok, I'll confess this took me one hour. I'd collected catalogs over several weeks (I've done this once before, but not as thoroughly) and sat down and worked through my entire pile. It took me exactly one hour. Really, it wasn't too bad. A lot of catalogs have a specific selection when you call to deal with folks who want to be removed from their mailing list. This gave me hope that others too are making an effort to stop the waste. Particularly with so many being able to access catalogs online, it's really unnecessary. I've been chipping away on this ... I've unsubscribed from DMA, called Valassis at 1-800-437-0479 to stop all of the weekly flyer junk mail, and called several other catalogs previously. Now, when I go to my mailbox, there is very little in there. Exciting. It also means time-saved in that I don't have to go through it, sort it or recycle it. And, of course it saves trees, energy both to produce them and to deliver them. Be encouraged. It's worth it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Sandy. In a totally unrelated topic...can you tell me how I can make my own bread? Do you have a recipe for wheat? Also is it as big as the loaves you buy in the stores? How many do you make a week? Happy Easter!