Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Day at the Beach

No, we weren't sporting swimming suits with chairs and towels in tow. We were taking a wintertime visit to our favorite New England beach. Isn't it charming?
Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, Ripley's favorite thing to do in all of this world is to throw rocks at the beach. It compliments his love for sports ... and if he can go swimming afterwards, all the better, but certainly not required.

Eyeing his target . . .

Splash!

And again!
Our lovely beach.

All of the palm trees in Florida couldn't sway me, this is beauty.

Ripley and Victor


And, look what I found. For many years now, maybe 15 years, I've been collecting heart shaped rocks. I've also allowed heart shaped coral into the collection. All of my findings are scattered throughout our home -- here and there. So, of course I was ecstatic to find this red-toned rock sitting in the sand, waiting for me.

I forgot to mention, Victor has two weeks off of work, so we've had a wonderful time lazying around, watching movies (Foreign films: Red, Jean de Florette and Manon of the Spring, oh yeah and the Batman Movie The Dark Knight.), and relaxing. Here you see Victor in all of his "I'm on vacation!" splendor, looking a bit like a mountain man.



No comments: