I have to do's swirling around in my head. It's getting a bit overwhelming. Time to make a list!
Over the next 3 weeks I must:
- Strain the 'compost tea' I have brewing in the garage and feed my seedlings in the basement. (My tomatoes aren't looking . . . chipper. Victor believes they are near death. Emergency measures are necessary!)
- Paint my hives. (Last coat)
- Make a level area for my hives.
- Set up my hives to be ready for the bees which will arrive on April 26th!
- Make potato towers (out of wire fencing).
- Plant potatoes (they are currently in a window, sprouting).
- Dig holes and fill with dirt and compost for sprawling plants like squash and melons in the side yard.
- Plant raspberry plants (due in the mail in the next two weeks).
- Harden off cold loving seedlings growing in my basement.
- Plant cold loving seedlings in my garden.
- Harden off plants in my cold frames.
- Remove the cold frames from my garden.
- Turn and compost the remaining 2/3rds of my garden.
- Prepare nursery for my baby hens, due May 13th.
These are just the things that are in the forefront of my mind (and of course doesn't include things like laundry, feed the family, clean the house . . . ). All before the BIG planting and beginning of the gardening season between May 15-30th! Busy Busy Busy!