Friday, October 17, 2008

Kids are Funny

I've been working like mad on my silly cold frames. It's a race against time. The weather is turning cold, after a little stretch of warmer weather, I'm certain that frost is just days away. Finally, as of 15 minutes ago, I finished scraping and sanding the windows. Now, I just need to caulk (glaze) and paint them (well, and of course attach them to their frames). This is easier b/c I can do that at all hours of the day in any type of weather. I will post them when they are done.
.
Meanwhile, I leave you with some funny comments from Ripley.
.
Usually when going to my parent's house I require my boys to put on what Ripley has named ... "cute" clothes. My mother especially gets a lot of joy out of seeing her grandchildren all dressed up. (Now, I don't mean in coats and ties or anything -- just a pair of khakis and an unstained, ironed shirt and shoes that aren't meant for sports.) Late last week we went to visit them for dinner. As usual I required the boys to get out of their school clothes and get into their "cute" clothes. I was looking OK (I thought), so I kept my outfit on. Ripley looked at me after dutifully putting on his "cute" clothes and said "How come you don't look cute?" Hmmmmm. Needless to say, I went upstairs and changed. Ripley approved of outfit #2.
.
When challenging Ripley, who was being a bit whiny one afternoon recently, I said "But Ripley, I thought you're tough?" Ripley responded "No, I'm not tough, I'm strong." Oh.
.
In passing Ripley commented to Benjamin "I don't like ghosts, I like Spiderman. Ghosts are mean." A boy who knows where he stands.

Happy Fall.

No comments: